Sussex Club GTI - Technical
Mobile Phone Holder
Now that the law has changed regarding the use of mobile phones
in the car, it is necessary to attach the phone to a fixed phone
holder, making it essentially a car phone.
I purchased one of these cheap car phone holders from a well
known high street mobile phone company, as I found that the entire
fixing section on the back of it could be removed. Normally this
has an arm with a sticky pad, or an air vent adapter attached
- Now with the back of it basically flat, I could fix it to
the car where I wanted it, without having to make an unsightly
holes in obvious places.
- I wanted to mount it to the right of the radio unit, where
there were some switch blanks.
- First I had to move some of the switches about, to make the
necessary foom at the top of the switch area where I wanted the
phone holder to be located. This is an easy job to do.
- Now I used the 2 blanks that I removed and attached them
on to the back of the phone holder, making sure that the positioning
and spacing was correct before any drilling was made......
- When completed it could be offered into position.......
- And with a phone installed.....
As you can see this is a quick accessory to add, taking
no much more than about 15 minutes to do in total.
- Now the phone can be used safely in the car with the bluetooth
headset that I also have (not with the shown phone though)
- It is also in a good position to attach a car charger to
as well, as the cable is out of the way of the indicators and